4 or 5 day City and Guild& 2391-50/51 or combination course 2391/52
For more details please telephone us:
City and Guilds 2391/ 50 Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations. (4days) £595+vat
City and Guilds 2391/ 51 Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (4 days) £495+vat
City and Guilds 2391/ 52 Combined course ( 5days) £995 + vat
These 3 Qualifications replace the City and Guilds 2394/2395, Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
At a agreed date the candidate will return to the training centre to undertake 1 online exam for either the qualification on a date set by City and Guilds. ( this date usually is the following Thursday at 5.30pm)
On successful completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:- Test, Inspect and Certify new electrical installations (2391)Or Carry out Periodic inspection, testing and recertification to existing electrical installations (2391) Or Carry out all of the above if they complete the practical and exam for both (2391-50) and (2391-51)
It is recommended that prior to the course candidates have studied the latest IET Guidance Note 3, Inspection and Testing. These can be purchased from DETA if required.
Course content includes:
- Understanding and use of BS7671 and the On Site Guide.
- Understanding and use of IET Guidance note 3 Inspection and Testing.
- Electricity at Work Regulations.
- General requirements for Inspection and Testing.
- Purpose of Initial Verification Inspection and Testing
- Requirements for Initial Inspection.
- Requirements for Initial Testing.
- Safe Isolation, lock off tag off.
- Testing sequence.
- Completion of Electrical Installation Certificates, Schedules of Inspections, and Schedules of Test results
- Completion of Minor Electrical Works Installation Certificates.
- Resistance of conductors
- Earth fault loop impedance
- Purpose of Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Necessity for Periodic Inspection and Testing
- Routine checks.
- Frequency of Inspection and Test
- Requirements for Periodic Inspection and Testing.
- Completion of Electrical Installation Condition Reports and Test Results
- Observation coding’s and recommendations to be taken.
- Thermographic surveying
Test Instrument standards and accuracy.